70s Floral

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dress: Vintage | Sweater: J. Crew (no longer available) | Shoes: Steve Madden via DSW | Sunglasses: Target | Necklace: Java Jane Jewelry via Etsy.com



Lipstick: MAC in Pink Nouveau

Another doctor's appointment, another effort to not feel so terrible.  I also was able to go to the grocery and pick up like 30$ worth of snacks because one of my medications makes me eat like crazy. But I'm slowly getting more energy, and I think putting the effort into looking good is helping.

Positive energy will always go a long way.


I've been seeing a lot of floral prints this spring, and I'm so excited about that! I LOVE floral prints, hell, I just love prints period. This particular dress has a ruffle top, and the print is a little dated but that's because its from the 1978 (it was my mom's prom dress that we took from floor length to above the knee when it got ruined in Katrina... also she's like 5 inches taller than me so that would have never worked) 

The dark blue cardigan is pretty dark for spring I know, but it matched the color behind the flowers perfectly and doctors offices get cold so... I would have preferred maybe a light pink sweater or maybe a butter yellow, but I have to make do with what's in my closet. 

As for the shoes, always invest in a good pair of nude flats, they're the PERFECT shoes to slip on when you just don't know what to wear with an outfit, these can be dressed up or down since they're patent, again a feature I recommend. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs