Some Highs and Lows

Friday, May 30, 2014


Dress: old style (similarandalso), Belt: SimilarNecklace: Similar Bracelet: Vintage (similar




Sunday, I had a major good day in terms of energy and pain level (compared to recent weeks). I was able to do some exercises in the pool and after that I was still feeling good so we decided to go to the mall since I had to get a new phone. Plus I was able to stop at Sephora and get a lipstick reminiscent of Sean Young's introduction in Blade Runner (Which I'm obsessed with).  
I knew I’d need my cane at some point so I brought it with me even though it clashed.  I’m thinking of getting a more neutral colored one to go with busy patterns like this one. 
I’ve put on a solid 20 pounds plus developed pretty bad acne since starting different medication to keep the pain and fevers away, so I’ve been very hesitant to even go outside to get the mail let alone in public where I might run into people I know.  Sure enough the cute guy I flirt with every time I go to apple was working. But hey at least I looked cute!
I’m not the biggest fan of the high low style (which I call mullet dresses) and I hope it goes away soon, but something about this dress made me not really care about the cut and buy it anyway. 
Even though the Aztec print was more prominent a few seasons ago, its still being seen on the occasional run way, and depending on the colors it can be a timeless print.  I really love this outfit because it has an elastic hem that causes the top to be much looser than a lot of my other dresses. And I know the belt seems counterintuitive but its so thick its almost like a corset.
When I originally bought the dress I wore 4 inch heels with it and ridiculous gold jewelry, but that was to a few fancy events plus I can’t wear heels right now so it was just a pair of nude flats, but that’s only because my flats collection is limited so I have to make do at the moment.  But that’s why I didn’t include my shoes this time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs