Sandy Dunes

Sunday, April 27, 2014




Dress: shophopes.com (no longer available) | Shoes: Henry Ferrera Professor bootie (no longer available) (similar) | Necklace: Flea market purchase (similar) | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Aviator Classic in Gold 





I got really sick last month and have been in and out of hospitals, bed ridden, and in a lot of pain.  Recently my medication has started to really work and I’ve been able to get out and about a little bit more.  I’ve been putting on a little bit of weight lately due to one of the medications as well as just feeling very depressed due to my diagnosis.  
I wore this outfit to my latest doctor’s appointment and received numerous compliments on my shoes (which made me feel good).  One of the nurses told me “You didn’t have to dress up for us!” and I explained how it makes me feel better and that I believe part of the healing process is mental.  If I feel better I’ll get better. So while I didn’t dole on my normal amount of makeup I put forth an effort.  And sure enough I felt a million times better. 
When we reflect how we want to feel, our mind and bodies take note. 

Lipstick: Urban Decay in Catfight | Hair: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I wore this dress a few times to work, though its a little on the short side it has a real air of professionalism that works for an office or more professional atmosphere. I think its the crisp lines at the shoulders and the way the sleeves are similar to an oxford button down. Also it shows off my shape without being form fitting (which is something I personally always go for in my cloths but I know isn’t a style everyone cares for).
Even though I’d originally bought this dress in fall, it still can be worn in spring.  I’d bought it for the cut and little bit of warmth (the south is hard to dress for when its not summer and all you’re wearing is a bathing suit cover up) but with sand being a spring color this year it works perfect for the breezy but sunny spring days. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs