An Update and Some Resolutions

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

You know what's been a really long time coming?

An update.

I'm very sorry about that, but as they say: life got in the way.




I gave graduate school a shot and it took a lot of my time, and all of my preciously little energy. I also lived alone for those months and its hard to take pictures of yourself like I needed for this blog. I'm sure my camera has a timer function, but I couldn't tell you.

But now I'm back home after coming to the realization that a Master's in History is not what I want to do with my life, and am currently applying to any and everything I can so I can at least afford my medication.

Fun fact, the medication I have to take for my illness- a subcutaneous injection I've found out in the last few weeks of looking into my own health insurance- costs around $4000 a month. So need a job, I do.

In the meantime, and hopefully for a long time to come, I will be able to update this blog more regularly.

I'm working on a schedule and a more concise model for what I want it to be.

I'm trying something new for 2015- make resolutions that can easily be kept, and that I actually want to accomplish.

I used to just say "go to the gym, snack less, etc." because thats what everyone did for their resolutions. This year I decided I'm going to make an actual list:

  1. Get more organized.
    • I'm accomplishing this by starting a new way of scheduling called bullet journaling. It's been a month and so far so good. 
    • and also by going through my entire room. Section by section with the immense assistance of my mother due to the fact I get overwhelmed by the amount of things I've accumulated over the years. So far I've got about $500 worth of just THINGS I plan to get rid of, and I tell you what- decluttering is the most productive thing I've ever done. 
  2. Read more.
    • I've always set a reading goal for myself using goodreads reading challenge and every year I barely complete it, and always feel like I'm cheating since I know good and well that my goal of 15 books was not expecting 10 comics. 
    • This year I made a list of specific books I intend to read, and so far I've already finished one of them. 
  3. Have a more straight-lined online presence. 
    • If you're here, you probably came from Tumblr. I have a pretty solid presence in my little baby corner of tumblr, I know that. I'm active in discussions, and every now and then I contribute something. But I see other people I follow, dear friends, actually having a presence and I can't help but feel mediocre. 
    • In response to that, I've decided to fix this blog up. 
It's been almost a year since I got sick, so it seems as good a time as any to actually get the ball rolling. 

The key to success is perseverance. That's never been so true as in the internet age.

It's going to be a great year. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs